Everyone (omnivores included) need a go-to frittata recipe. Perfect for a weekday breakfast for one or a weekend brunch for the family, this easy recipe is fantastic both hot and cold. Not a fan of mushrooms? Mix it up and add your favorite veg – the variations are endless!
Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves only, minced
- 2 sprigs savory, leaves only, minced
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 5 grinds black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1 dash red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In medium ovenproof sauté pan, heat grapeseed oil on high heat until slick and shiny.
- Add onion, asparagus, mushrooms, rosemary and savory with salt and pepper.
- Sauté 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- In small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg white, kosher salt and red chili flakes.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables in sauté pan and immediately place in oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until egg has solidified. Let cool 5 minutes.