These dreamy little bites of chia, almond, flaxseed, and sesame will make your afternoon snack-time sing! You can also fashion them into flat little squares or make a homemade powerbar!
Homemade Chia & Nut Bars
Yield: 15-20 small bites
Time: 10 minutes (active) 2 hours (inactive)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup creamy almond butter, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed, ground
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- ¼ cup cold water (as needed)
- In food processor, process dates until they roll into a ball.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Add goji berries, sesame seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed and almonds. Blend until combined, adding cold water if needed.
- Scrape down the sides of food processor with spatula to ensure mixture is incorporating evenly.
- Transfer to plastic wrap-lined (or wax paper lined) tray and smooth into 1” to 2” layer. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2 hours to harden. Remove and cut into squares or roll into small balls.