Add a little heat to your popcorn with hot sesame oil and just a touch a garlic! Be careful – or you’ll find yourself sneaking in a bag to the movies 😉
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- ½ cup popcorn corn kernels
Chili Garlic Butter
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp hot sesame oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- In small stock pot, combine all ingredients for chili garlic butter on medium heat and whisk to combine.
- In large rondeau or sauté pan, heat grapeseed oil on high until slick and shiny.
- Add corn kernels and cover. Reduce heat to medium.
- Let pop until pops slow down considerably.
- Turn off heat and drizzle chili garlic butter over popcorn. Toss to combine.